The Musk-Capades and his ongoing purchase of Twitter
So I've ben dwelling here.
At some point Elon Musk will be the owner of social media platform Twitter.
People on the mid-far to far left of the ideological spectrum hate the idea.
Most people don't care
And most people on the liberty-right love the idea.
And here's the deal that I think will happen.
Social media platforms have really vague terms of use that they can manipulate to suit their narrative. That's why certain content that wishes no harm on someone gets blocked or taken down and content that decries violence against someone doesn't.
The Musk-Twitter will more than likely have well defined terms of service and will be used the same regardless of assumed context.
Twitter isn't the number one social media platform and it probably won't be (For some strange reason lately I've missed Google+). But what it will be is an opportunity for the aforementioned clear and concise terms of service and a wake up call to all the other platforms to be unbiased in execution of the terms of service moving forward.
I honestly have no idea how much Twitter will cost Elon Musk, High 50's per share? And I don't know what kind of a fight those who oppose him have in their war chest. I would suspect this will be done by late July.
And once Musk is successful the question becomes, will Trump be back on the platform? Or Alex Jones, or Milo Yiannopoulos?
I guess we'll find out!
Larry
Comments
Post a Comment